Residential Water Purification
Return To All: Water Purification Listings
Maytag 550 Drinking Water System
Your Maytag® drinking water system incorporates five stages of advanced treatment, including cutting-edge reverse osmosis technology, to deliver fresh, purified water on demand. And you can be proud that you’re doing your part to cut down on plastic pollution from bottled water.
The M550 water filter from Maytag is an in-line water filtration solution that is installed between the water supply line and the tap itself. There is an inlet valve that connects to the supply line and an outlet valve that serves filtered water to the tap.
Additionally, there is a ‘drain’ outlet that sends refused water to the main drain line.
When water from the supply line enters the M550 unit, filtration begins immediately, and follows a three-step process:
- Large particle removal using mechanical filtration and activated carbon. This step is required for the removal of larger particles that may still be far smaller than the naked eye can see.
- Total Dissolved Solids removal using the integrated membrane. Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) are removed from the feed water using a state-of-the-art membrane developed by the water quality engineers at Maytag.
- Final ‘polishing’ by the activated carbon post-filter. The M550 is one of the few drinking water filters on the market that uses two layers of carbon filtering in addition to a TDS membrane. The result is fresher-tasting, clearer water that has a noticeably cleaner taste.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a filtration process that removes contaminants from water at the molecular level. By using pressure to squeeze your water against a special membrane, water molecules are separated from impurities. Rejected dissolved solids are automatically rinsed down the drain leaving only high-quality water for you to use.
- Inline Post – Granular Activated Carbon – Provides one last polish on the filtered water to give it a clean, crisp taste.
- GAC Exchange Module – Removes more sediment; plus, chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), odors, and unpleasant tastes from water.
- Membrane Exchange Module – Removes up to 99% of particles, organics, chemicals, and pyrogens.
- Sediment/Carbon Exchange Module – Reduces unwanted particle levels while ensuring safe drinking quality.
Your Maytag® drinking water system makes certain you always have fresh, clean, purified drinking water at your fingertips.
Warranty: Lifetime Limited Warranty
IAPMO Certified: Yes